Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sweet Green Apple Tart

I may be slightly obsessed with The Pioneer Woman. I mean, I always liked her and her recipes, but lately I can't get enough. I may want to be her. Minus living on a ranch. 

Remember these onion straws she inspired me to make? Well, I also happened to make my own version of another one of her recipes, an apple tart. I added and omitted some ingredients to make them my own. And since J ate an entire tart by himself, I would say they are pretty tasty. *A fun fact, I'm not a fan of puff pastry and didn't even eat these.

What you'll need:
-1 pkg. puff pastry
-3 large granny smith apples
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-1/2 c. crushed pecans
-caramel syrup for drizzling

Begin by slicing and de-seeding 3 large granny smith apples. The apple slices should be pretty thin.

Place the apple slices into a large bowl.

To the apples, add the brown sugar and cinnamon. 

Coat the apples evenly.

On a greased baking sheet, Cut 1 sheet of the puff pastry into 2 halves. Mine looked a little weird because the dough stuck together.

Place the apples in the middle of the puff pastry, slightly overlapping the apples.

Bake on 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. It's okay if a little of the sugar leaks out of the pastry while it bakes.

Drizzle with caramel sauce and top with crushed pecans. 

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment