Monday, October 7, 2013

Catching Up & Our First Fall Festival

How was everyone's weekend?

Although ours was pretty productive, it still feels like I got nothing done when I looked at my to do list and could only cross off 3 things. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Last week Ben had his well child check-up and they decided to go ahead and give him the shots he'll need for kindergarten as well as the flu shot. He was not happy. Along with the shots came a nice little fever that afternoon. 102.8 to be exact. He stayed home with J on Thursday and was back to his squirrelly, fever free self. Wouldn't you know I got a call from school Friday afternoon that he had a fever again. Despite the fever he seemed to be feeling fine so we made the decision to go ahead and go to our first fall festival of the season. I'm so glad we did because he never had any other symptoms and the fever never returned. Vaccines are just like women. Can't live with em, shouldn't live without em:)

Running the bases at the cake walk.

His favorite part!

It takes true talent to pick a pumpkin with one hand and hold a sucker in the other.

Jack doing what he does best. Sitting in the stroller, eating his hands.

Saturday was rainy and cold so we spent the day at home as a family. Ben tattled to daddy at least 5 times that I said we were staying home all day. Apparently the trip to the grocery and bank that morning didn't count. That kid loves to be busy. 

Sunday I took my poor, sheltered for a day 4 year old to Chuck E. Cheese. Yes, I'm awesome.

And after a gallon of sanitizer, a shower, and some dinner we all went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment