Monday, December 30, 2013

THE Christmas Post of 2013

Get ready for it. Everyone in blog land is recapping their Christmas in all it's glory and I'm no exception. 

The night before Christmas Eve we decorated our ginger bread house village. After 2 years in a row of J and Ben bickering over how THE house should be decorated, I planned on getting Ben his very own house to do with as he pleased. When I saw these mini houses I knew it was fate and not just that I waited until the last minute and this was all that was left at the store. And since Jack was already asleep, Ben helped decorate his own little house too.


Christmas Eve day we decorated cookies for Santa at my mom's house and Ben went all out with the frosting.

Every Christmas Eve night we go to J's aunt's house where we celebrate with his grandma, aunts and uncles, and cousins.
Jack got his first taste of jello salad. Of course he loved it, but this kid has yet to eat something he doesn't like.


J's aunt got Jack the most adorable little pair of Sperry's.

My niece Kylee in her sweet Christmas outfit.

Even though we got home late, we couldn't go to bed without setting out the milk, cookies, carrots, and sugar for Santa and his reindeer. 

The boys both slept until 8:00am on Christmas morning, but were ready to see what Santa brought them when they woke up. I searched EVERYWHERE in stores and on-line for matching Christmas pajamas for the boys. To be honest, I probably waited a little late to start looking and finding sizes for both a 6 month old and 4 year old is hard. I finally found some on Zulily and they came in the mail with only 2 days to spare. As long as I possibly can I will always dress my boys in matching pajamas on Christmas morning. I can't stand the cuteness.

Santa and the reindeer were very hungry and ate all our food and in addition to leaving presents, Santa also left Ben a little note. 
'
Our Elf on the Shelf, Sparkle also left a little note letting us know he had headed back to the North Pole until next Christmas.

After our Christmas at home, we headed over to my parents house for Christmas with them and my sister's family. This picture cracks me up. 

And we rounded out our Christmas with one final get together at J's parent's house with just his parent's and brother and his daughter.

The last couple of days we've been hanging out at home playing with our new toys, trying to get the house put back together, and find a place for all our new gifts.

*Two days after Christmas my mom was admitted to the hospital with what they thought was the stomach flu, but turned into a problem with her heart after she complained of chest pains. After several EKG's, and a visit to the cath lab, no blockage was found, but they did find an abnormality with her heart wall. She'll have follow up visits with the cardiologist, but for now she's doing much better and finally got to go home. So many friends and family called, texted, and checked on us during this time and we are so grateful for such amazing people in our lives.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment