Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Weekend Recap

The fact that I'm posting about our weekend on a Wednesday should be a pretty good indication of how our week is going.

Friday we had our second snow of the season. We got between 2-4 inches-anymore and I would not have been happy. The roads weren't terribly bad and by noon we were able to get out to run errands and most of the roads had been plowed. I LOVE the view of our backyard when it snows.

 I got all our Christmas cards addressed and put in the mail. I'll post our card once everyone gets theirs in the mail:) Sometimes I feel like I'm so on top of things...like getting holiday themed stamps and....I guess that's about it.

I also painted my nails what I consider the perfect shade of holiday red. This color came in a set of 3 from GAP.

I posted on my FB how I would get all of my Christmas shopping done on Saturday. I definitely didn't get it all done, but considering I had both boys with me it was pretty successful. I did have a moment while standing in Target when I looked around at all the craziness and was a little sad that so much of Christmas is focused around this.

I whipped up a batch of these blueberry muffin tops. If the soft, fluffy top of a muffin is your favorite then these are for you! I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

And of course Ben was is useful goofy self.

And Jack demanded we take a selfie. 

We ended the weekend with a nice dinner out on Sunday night with my parents and sister's family. My sweet friend Alissa came over and watched the boys. I can't tell you how nice it is to have friends who love your kids as if they were their own.

Happy Hump Day! I'm off on Friday so one more day after today!

2 comments:

  1. Your backyard covered in snow is gorgeous!! I long for that view one day. And I'm dying for that muffin top recipe, my husband just loves that part of the muffin. They look divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm posting the recipe tomorrow-the top of the muffin is my favorite too:)

      Delete