Tuesday, December 10, 2013

When there's snow in Branson...

It messes up your plans for a holiday weekend gettaway. And despite our best efforts, after our show for Friday night was cancelled just as we were getting ready to get on the highway, we decided to call it quits and let the snow win.

I'm glad we did. 12 inches of snow in the Ozarks ain't no joke. But with the car already packed, Memaw, Pampaw, and my sister's entire family in tow, we decided to head to Kansas City instead with not a single snowflake in sight.

And although Ben wasn't as thrilled about KC as he was Branson, we made the best of it and had a good time despite the freezing temps.
Playing battleship and getting his Skittle fix

Jack was as laid back as ever. Hanging out and napping.

Friday night we drove around the plaza to look at lights and find a parking space. We ate at Chuy's, a new Mexican restaurant that just opened and I had the best margarita of my life. White peach sangria margarita. I will be finding this copy cat recipe and making it.

Remember here how I told you how obsessed I was with this print. Well, thanks to the kind lady at Pottery Barn kids I found out it has a name-Fair Isle. Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't know this. Anywhoo, I picked up this pair of mittens for Ben and was this close to getting a matching pair for me. Be jealous I can fit in kid mittens.

Saturday we headed over to Crown Center to check out Kaleidoscope. We've taken Ben to Crown Center several times, but this was our first time there. Kaleidoscope is a huge art center for kids where they use the leftover materials from the Hallmark factory next door. There were all kinds of materials including a glow in the dark room with wax for the kids to paint with. Although you have to get tickets, the entire thing is free!
(not sure why the Countdown to Christmas says 7 days left.Wishful thinking Santa)


While waiting to get into Kalidescope, we went next door to the Hallmark Visitors Center where Ben got to see how bows are made with this machine.

Kids could draw a picture on this cardboard square and then put it through the machine which cut it into a puzzle!

We got home late Saturday evening and both boys slept in until after 8 on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment