Saturday, January 25, 2014

Easy Cheesy Sausage Quiche

I love a good quiche. I don't however, love the time it can take to make one. Luckily this recipe makes a quiche that is both deeeelicious and requires little effort. I scoured the internet for the perfect, easy recipe and when I didn't find one, I came up with my own combining bits and pieces of some of my favorites. The best part? Don't like sausage, use bacon. Want to add veggies? Add em! 

What You'll Need:
-1 pre-made frozen pie shell (easy remember)
-3/4 lb sausage (use whatever variety you like)
-5 eggs
-1 c. heavy cream (if you want to lighten it up, use 1/2 & 1/2)
-6 slices Swiss Cheese
-1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar Cheese

While browning the sausage, mix the cream and eggs in a bowl. 

Tear the swiss cheese slices in half and layer them in the bottom of the pie crust.

Top swiss cheese with 3/4 c. of shredded cheddar. 

Once the sausage is cooked, drained, and slightly cooled, add it to the egg and cream mixture.

Place 1/2 of the sausage mixture on top of the cheeses.

Top with the remaining swiss and cheddar. 

Pour the remaining sausage mixture over the cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.

Remove from the oven, let sit for 5 minutes, then cut and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment