Monday, February 3, 2014

Brotherly Love

One of my greatest fears when I was pregnant with Jack is that I would somehow be ruining Ben's life. He would no longer get my un-divided attention; no longer be our baby. We would be brining home a baby who would take so much of everything. Our time, our love, his old playroom, our freedom to be able to leave the house at the drop of a hat.

A few days after having Jack home, I curled up in bed with Ben and attempted to read a bed time story. Not one minute in and Jack started crying. Once again I had to cut story time short and I began to cry right along with my brand new baby. In that moment, my greatest fear was coming true-I was ruining Ben's life. It was as if that one missed story time would make him resent his brother forever. But instead of getting upset or yelling, or joining in on the cry fest, Ben comforted his brother, gently rubbed his little head, and went to sleep on his own without so much a grumble of resentment. 

In fact, from the minute Jack was born, there's not once been a grumble. And for that I am so so thankful. Not only for how well Ben's adjusted to the new baby and our new life, but for the amount of love these two share. I'm not sure who loves who more. They both light up when they see each other and not a day goes by when our house isn't filled with their laughter. 


Brothers. Perfectly designed by Him for us and each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment