Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Life Lately

Before I recap what we've been up to lately, I just have to say how saddened and sickened I am about the end to this Amber Alert that was issued last night in my state. This happened about 3 hours from where we live and literally within minutes from where some of my friends with small children live. You literally have to keep your children right next to you at all times it seems. Hopefully this family can find some kind of comfort and peace.

Moving on....let's focus on something more positive shall we?

Valentine's night we enjoyed a romantic dinner of HyVee Chinese food followed by cupcakes (also from HyVee). We gave the boys their little Valentine goodies and I enjoyed my GORGEOUS roses from my husband that he had delivered to my office at work.

Saturday morning Ben had his very first soccer practice. I was a little worried that he would kick the ball as hard as he could and then have to chase after it up and down the field. He definitely surprised me when he not only had great ball control, but was also the very last kid to not get his ball stolen from other players during a pretend game.

Last night we enjoyed the 63 degree weather by taking a walk in our neighborhood. Ben got to try out his new scooter that he got for his birthday. It makes sparks when you put the brakes on and he thinks that is just the coolest! Of course Jack was laid back as usual and took a little snooze.
(notice the snow in the background)

And lastly, bath time has become quite the little danger trap as this one thinks he's now big enough to climb out of the tub. At 7 months. Lord help me.

What have you all been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment