Friday, March 7, 2014

5 on Friday


Happy first 5 on Friday on the month!

//one//
I can't believe Daylight Savings is this weekend. Don't get me wrong, I love the extra daylight, but when you have kids DST is the devil. Obviously whoever had the brilliant idea to change our clocks twice a year didn't have to deal with getting children to sleep...or them waking up at the butt crack of dawn.

//two//
When Greek yogurt first became super popular several years ago I was definitely afraid to jump on the bandwagon. It didn't help that people compared the plain flavor to sour cream. Ew. After several recommendations, I started eating the Chobani brand-strawberry or pomegranate, but never plain and never another brand. Fast forward a few years and several commercials for this yogurt, and I'm hooked. It's not quite as thick as Chobani and who doesn't love cheesecake. And unlike other flavored yogurts, this once doesn't have a weird aftertaste.

//three//
I've started using mousse in Jack's hair and spiking it a little in the front. I love how cute he looks, but it also makes him look much more like a little man than a baby.

//four//
A month ago I bought a military style jacket, but just got around to wearing it last weekend. It's something I would normally shy away from wearing, but I'm proud of myself for stepping outside the box. And yes, I have GOT to find a better place to take pictures.

//five//
This weekend one of my besties, Meghan will be in town and I can't wait! It's been far too long! She has an adorable little boy who is 2 and a precious baby girl who is a few months younger than Jack. Ben is just as excited as I am to have them over and play. 
(Both knocked up at a friends wedding last April)


Have a wonderful weekend friends!

10 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up...I couldn't agree more with you on DST! I hate it now. Hopefully this weekend goes well for y'all! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by:) Good luck to you too! Your kids are adorable!

      Delete
  2. That jacket is SO cute on you! And I agree, daylight savings is the worst! I love extra light but getting your kiddo on a new schedule stinks! By the way, what mousse do you use for Jack's hair? Everything I use for my son wears off in a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not it's suave's extra hold. I've used so many different kinds and wouldn't you know the cheapest works the best:) It holds pretty good depending on how much he rolls around on it.

      Delete
  3. Loving your military style jacket! You're rockin it, girlie! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your style is always an inspiration:)

      Delete
  4. I have fallen in love with greek yogurt too! I love using it smoothies! The jacket looks so good on you. I love that style!
    Have a happy weekend!!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that is so sweet! You should try this flavor and let me know what you think:) What's your favorite brand of Greek?

      Delete
  5. Totally agree on day light savings and the kids! And yay for stepping outside your comfort zone with clothes. I've been trying to do that lately too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always hard to try something new, isn't it? LOVE the new blog space!

      Delete