Friday, March 14, 2014

5 on Friday


I know I complained about how February dragged on, but March needs to slow the heck down. I can't believe the month is almost half over already.

//one//
Monday and Tuesday were gorgeous with temps in the 80's. After making the kids stay inside Monday night since I'm still getting over this awful cold/cough/most annoying sickness ever/ I put on my girl panties Tuesday to enjoy the fluke, beautiful weather. Ben enjoyed some Orange Leaf and soccer outside, while Jack and I chilled on a blanket and watched. Both boys were in heaven.
And in true Missouri fashion, it snowed yesterday morning.

//two//
Natalie over at Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers posted this adorable bathing suit. I don't know how I feel about paying $150 for a suit, but it might just be worth it. That bow!

And speaking out bathing suits... I'm sure you all have heard about the Target photoshopping disaster. If not, take a look.

This E! article is by far my favorite commentary about the whole debacle. My favorite quotes from the author include:
"The last question you should be asking yourself when you're cruising Target's website and looking at pictures of the models showcasing the clothes is: "Where is her vagina?"
and 
"Girl, there are spikes coming out of your skin! Get that checked out. What's the prognosis for jagged edges popping out of your body?"

//three//
A few weeks ago I posted about a scarf I ordered off Groop Dealz. Well it finally came, and although I wish it was a little thicker and chunkier, I love the color and the fact that it's an infinity scarf.

I also tried on this scarf my friend Julie got me. I love the colors and it just screams SPRING! (Picture me saying that in my best Oprah voice SPA-RI-IINNNGGGG)

//four//
Getting all the salt, grime, and snow of the car at the car wash feels awesome. Ben insisted it would be even more awesome with a slush. You know what's not awesome? The person in front of us who thought it was a good idea to go through the wash with a huge piece of equipment in his truck bed causing the line of 20 cars behind him to back up even more when it got tangled in the machine.

//five//
Tonight I am headed to a Trivia night for a local no kill animal shelter. Last year's was a blast even though I think we came in 2nd to last. I'm looking forward to having a few cocktails, trying not to adopt one of the ADORABLE puppies that are sure to be there, and sharing my knowledge of useless crap.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love that bow bathing suit! So cute!

    Come join my giveaway over on Tattered to Taylored

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that SPA-RI-IINNNGGGG scarf! I definitely wouldn't be able to walk away from cute little puppy that needed a home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were lots of cute puppies, but I resisted:) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. hahaha, the last pic. It's like they know me... cute idea for a shelter. It would be way hard to not come home with an armful of puppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did pretty good and didn't even let myself hold one:)

      Delete