Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day in Our Life

I always enjoy reading those posts where people document their day to day life from getting up to going to bed.

Not only are they interesting to read, but what a great way to remember those little everyday things that we tend think of as not so important. Looking back, it's those little things we often miss the most.

SO, here's a typical weekday in Our Fishy Family.

6:08am: I hit the snooze once, then force myself to get into the shower. 

6:25am: I get dressed for work, but don't do my hair or makeup yet. I put moisturizer on my face and then head into Ben's room to wake him up. 

6:30am: I wake Ben up and he asks if it's a stay home day. I usually try to wake him up around 6:30am on school days because he's more likely to take a nap at school if I do:)

6:40am: Ben lays on the couch and watches one episode of Scooby Doo while I fix us some breakfast. Sometimes he eats breakfast at home, sometimes he eats at pre-school, and sometimes he eats both times.

6:50am: Jack is babbling away in his crib and Ben goes in to lay with him. This is their thing. Ben climbs in the crib almost every morning and they usually lay together and laugh. It's my favorite part of the morning. After a few minutes of brother time, I come in and get Jack out. I change his diaper and bring him out to have some breakfast with us.

7:00am: Jack eats some puffs and banana and Ben and I sit next to him and eat our breakfast. While the boys finish, I blow dry my hair and put makeup on.

7:10am: The boys are done and Ben wants to play with Jack in his room. Jack gets a quick wipe down and then all of us go into Jack's room. Ben reads Jack a book while I respond to some work emails since I will be traveling all day and won't have a chance to later. 
7:30am: I'm done with my emails and play with the boys for a little while, then it's time to get them dressed and ready for school. I lay out Ben's clothes and he gets dressed while I wrestle Jack and try to get him to hold still long enough for me to throw some clothes on him.

7:55am: Everyone's dressed and ready to go. One last pic, in which Ben demanded his Lego be in, before we head out the door.

8:10am: I drop the boys of at school and hit the road to travel to my client 2 1/2 hours away. Sometimes having quiet time by myself to drive is relaxing. Sometimes I get bored to death.

5:45pm: On this particular day I worked a little later than usual and then pick the boys up from school. 

6:00pm: We get home and J plays with the boys while I get dinner ready. This night we had ribs that I had prepared ahead of time and already had cooking. I throw a can of baked beans in a pot, make a salad, and get the oranges and pineapple out of the fridge. This huge plate of food would be J's. Did you know I can't stand bake beans? I make them because both J and Ben love them.

6:25: Dinner's ready and we all sit down at the table to eat. Ben eats the salad, beans, and fruit, and we make him try the ribs, but he's not a fan. Jack has a few more puffs, squash baby food, a little oatmeal cereal (which he hates) and an entire container of Dole's all natural mandarin oranges fruit cups. He loves those oranges.  

6:45pm: Once everyone is done, I immediately take Jack to the bath since he's always covered in food:) J gets Ben's shower started and helps clean up the kitchen. Ben is old enough to wash himself and J supervises and checks to make sure he gets all the soap off. This one however can't be trusted not to try to climb straight out of the tub.

7:00pm. Once Jack is dry, I lather him in lotion, brush his hair, and put on his jammies. He hangs out with dad while Ben finishes up his shower and I clean up around the house. He loves watching videos and looking at pictures of animals and babies.
But the thing he loves most is to look at  himself:)
7:20: Ben's out of the shower and puts his pajamas on. I make Jack's bottle and take him to his room where I feed and rock him to sleep. While I'm putting Jack to bed, J and Ben have their special time. Lately they've been playing Wii U, but hide and seek is also a favorite.

7:35pm: Jack is asleep in his room and I come out and hang out with my guys.
7:45, 8:00, 8:15pm: Jack is restless tonight since he took a late nap at school. At about 8:15pm he finally settles down and drifts off to sleep.

8:30pm: Time for Ben to go to bed. He says goodnight to daddy and gets a drink of water, then brushes his teeth, and picks out a book. We climb into his bed and this night we read a chapter about Iron Man. He LOVES this superhero book my sister got him for his birthday. We have read it every night since his birthday in January. This is Ben and I's time together, just the two of us.

8:45pm: I turn on Ben's music and we say prayers. Ben always wants me to pray first and then he prays a prayer similar to mine. This night he added "thank you for letting me play Wii," and "thanks for helping my brother stop crying." He always ends his prayer with "I love you God." After a big hug and kiss, it's lights out.

8:50pm: I finish picking up around the house and start a load of laundry. I catch up on Facebook and read blogs. J owns his own business, so he goes downstairs to work for a couple of hours. Some nights though we veg out on the couch together.

9:50pm: I turn off some lights around the house, grab a glass of water, brush my teeth, and head to bed. I watch a little bit of t.v. and listen to Jack toss and turn on the baby monitor, but he doesn't get up. I usually put on something that I can fall asleep to like Everybody Loves Raymond or King of Queens.

11:30pm: Jack is up and ready for a bottle. Like clockwork, he wakes up at 11:30 almost every night. I give him his bottle while I change his diaper and then it's back to bed for both of us.

3:30am: Jack's up for the second and last time of the night. J is a total night owl and just got done working. Since he's up, he takes care of Jack this time while I go back to sleep.

6:10am: Do it all over again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment