Monday, March 24, 2014

Jack {9 Months}

This month marks the time that you've been with us on the outside for just about as long as you were on the inside of my belly:)

My oh my how much has changed in the past 9 months!
Let's start with all the big milestones. You are pulling up on everything...even our legs if we are standing still. You are also standing without holding on to anything for several seconds at a time. The biggest milestone perhaps is that you are walking behind your push lion toy. You crawl over to it, pull yourself up, and take off walking and pushing that thing around. You no longer army crawl and instead take off at lightening speed on all fours.
You're 2 big top teeth finally poked through a few days after you turned 8 months. They're still not all the way in, but those big choppers help you eat real food so much better.
You prefer table food over baby food and you'd much rather have real fruits and vegetables than the purred stuff, and I don't blame you! You're still obsessed with the Dole All Natural Mandarin Oranges fruit cups, but also like peaches, bananas, and strawberries. We usually go the mixed vegetable route, but carrots and green beans seem to be a favorite. You also tried turkey deli meat and like it pretty well. And just like your brother, you love cheese. You still take around 5, 6oz bottles per day, but I'm going to increase that to 7oz this month. You usually wake up twice in the middle of the night and take a bottle each time. Sometimes you eat it all and other times you only eat half. I know at this age you are fully capable of sleeping all night without eating, so night time weaning is coming.
Saturday night we began sleep training, but I'm still un-decided about the whole thing, which method to use, night time weaning, etc. Since you have been eating in the middle of the night, I want to make sure we don't just quit cold turkey. On Saturday night, you took an 8oz bottle, and went to bed at 8:30pm. You woke up around 11:30pm, cried for 8 minutes and then fell back asleep until 1:30am. From 1:30am until 2:30am you cried off and on, sometimes just whimpering, other times full fledged screaming. At 2:30am, I gave you a bottle since it had been 6 hours since your last one and I'm unsure what to do about the night time weaning. You took the entire thing, slept until 6:00am, had another small bottle, and then slept until 7:30am. I want to talk to your pediatrician before we decide to go full steam ahead with CIO, but if waking up twice a night is the worst thing you do, I can live with that!
Even though you're not sleeping through the night, naps are going very well. You still take 2 good naps during the day, and depending on how early in the afternoon your second nap was, you may take a third little cat nap in the car on the way home from preschool.
You've moved up to size 3 Pampers and wear 9m, 6-12m, and 12m clothes. You're pretty long so  pants, jammies, and one piece outfits usually require a size up.
You're a little jabber monster and talk and squeal all the time. Dada is still your favorite word to say, but you also say mama, uh-oh, and hi/hey. You also make several sounds including ya ya, ga ga, ba ba, and several where I have no idea what you're saying.
Although this month has been filled with lots of fun, it also marked you're first real sickness. Last month we battled a nasty little cold (thanks to the start of daycare), but this month brought a horrible cough, ear infection, fever, and that darn runny nose again. One night your fever got to 102.9 and you had barely had one wet diaper all day so we took you to the ER. They monitored you, gave you lots of Pedialite, and made sure you peed, then sent us on our way. I felt so bad for you, but even being sick you were a pretty darn good baby and extra cuddly, which of course I didn't mind.
And last but not least, this month has marked the beginning of some separation anxiety. We haven't really seen it at school yet, but definitely at home if I leave the room. If I'm doing dishes or putting laundry away, you follow me wherever I go like a little dog. I'm not gonna lie, I love that you love me so much, but I think it hurts daddy's feelings a little bit. You will often crawl around him or through his legs to get to me:)
I can't wait to see what this next month has in store for you little man. I love you so so much!

2 comments: