Monday, March 3, 2014

Welp, That De-escalated Quickly

Starting Saturday night and into Sunday we we're supposed to get freezing rain and 6-10 inches of snow. The freezing rain came, but the prediction of 6-10 inches of snow soon turned to 2-4 inches, which really ended up amounting to less than an inch. It's so funny to me how angry people get when the weathermen get it wrong. The title of this post was my favorite quote on our weather channel's facebook page.

I had stocked up on lots of groceries, as did every other person apparently by the lack of milk at the store. I even took work home thinking we would be stuck at home come Monday.

Not to want all those groceries to go to waste, I made 2 new recipes this weekend, a potato soup which I'll share soon, and this Baked French Toast Casserole from the Pioneer Woman.

I tried to get Ben to snuggle with me, but apparently being 5 means he's suddenly too cool to do that. At least Jack's still up for cuddling. In fact, all weekend he hung close to my side. I think he's starting to go through a little separation anxiety and although I absolutely LOVE it that he wants to be with me 24-7, it makes getting anything done around the house almost impossible. Who needs to do dishes though?

I guess I'll hold onto that recipe for snow ice cream I had planned to make. Here's to hoping I won't be able to use it until next Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment