Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter 2014

This Easter was pretty darn great. We went to church, hosted Easter lunch at our house for my side of the family, and then traveled to J's aunt's house for dinner and another egg hunt.

The boys' Easter baskets. I ordered Jack the white one a few weeks ago from Pottery Barn and when I got it in the mail this week I noticed how much bigger it was than Ben's. I realized I ordered Jack the large basket size and Ben's was the small. I ended up just turning the embroidered names to the back and made Jack's the little one. I know this might not seem like a big deal, but my OCD self could hardly stand it. I plan to order Ben a new large basket this week for next year.

I love Jack's little hand reaching for his goodies.


You may remember in a 5 on Friday, I posted inspiration pictures for an Easter tablescape. I decided to keep it really simple. I picked up these plates last minute from Kohls. I believe they are from Bobby Flay's line.

After lunch, the boys scoured our yard for eggs.

Notice daddy's net sneaking in the picture. I think he was trying to cheat.

It was almost 90 degrees on Sunday so we came in after the egg hunt and Ben and my dad dyed some eggs.

J's aunt lives in the country and has an enormous yard. All the cousins love running around trying to find all the eggs. And there are LOTS of them.

Jack was content to just watch the older kids collect eggs. Next year he'll be out there with them running around like a crazy man.

And finally, we did get a family photo of all 4 of us, but neither one of the boys were looking at the camera and we were all squinting. I may still put it in the scrapbook, but I'm pretty sure J would kill me if it made it on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment