Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lime & Cilantro Rice {Chipotle Style}

Did you know that when I was pregnant with Jack I couldn't stand Chipotle? The smell even bothered me. This was a problem for my husband who could eat Chipotle for every meal. Then a miraculous thing happened. Jack was born and not only did I like Chipotle again, I LOVED it. It's also extremely convenient when you've just had a baby to have your Chipotle loving husband pick some up for dinner. And lunch. They're closed for breakfast.

And...although I don't prefer rice with my Chipotle meal (gasp, I know), J assures me it's what makes it stand out from any other ole Mexican place. Being the amazing wife that I am, I decided to re-create Chipotle's unique rice recipe. I even wrapped the burrito in foil when I was done assembling it. I'm good.

From the first bite J proclaimed the rice was delicious and spot on for the actual thing. I scoured the internet looking for copy cat recipes and finally decided to go with a recipe I adapted from Chipotle Fan.

What You'll Need:
-1 cup white rice (made according to directions on box)
-2 tsp fresh cilantro
-1/2 regular lime or all natural lime juice in a bottle (it will tell you on the bottle how many tbs is equal to an actual lime)
-1/2 tsp salt

Cook rice according to directions on the box or bag. Keep it covered until you are finished with the other steps.

Finely chop cilantro and measure out lime juice.

Mix lime juice, salt, and cilantro together with a fork.

Un-cover the rice and slowly pour the mixture over it while fluffing the rice with a fork.

And remember if you want to be awesome. Go ahead and make a burrito with this rice.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. YUM! i love this rice at chipotle and any excuse to use more cilantro! pinning this for later! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes and if you like it! I want to try to make their medium salsa too!

      Delete
  2. My hubby and I love chipotle! He would probably cry if I didn't want to eat there anymore, ha! I will definitely have to try this recipe!!

    Thanks for sharing, pretty mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! You'll love this!

      Delete