Friday, May 9, 2014

5 on Friday


Linking up with the ladies for another 5!

//one//
All I can think about lately is how I want to have long hair again. I really really want it. Do you sense my desperation? 

Then

Now

//two//
I try to avoid Walmart whenever possible so sometimes I happen to miss cool things that come out. Like these Huggies Clutch and Clean. Unlike the hard refillable containers that always pop open on me causing the wipes to dry out, these zippered pouches stay shut and let you refill them by just unzipping the pouch and sticking the wipes in. Bonus? It holds way more than the typical hard case. And how cute are the designs?!
*Huggies has no idea who I am. I wasn't compensated to write this, I just really love this product.

//three//
I made Iowa Girl Eats Strawberry Shortcake No Bake Treat Bars last week for my work trip. My grocery store didn't have de-hydrated strawberries so I used a mixture of dried berries. They turned out pretty good although next time I'd leave the dried fruit out all together and just eat them plain:)

//four//
Easter weekend we pulled up all the weeds and dead leaves in our flower beds and put new mulch down. The project ended up taking waaayyy longer than expected and more mulch than we imagined (20 bags total). It was well worth it though and now everything is starting to sprout up. I can't wait until our sad little bush tree blossoms. 

//five//
This little guy is walking at 10 months old. And not just one step. Across rooms. The other night he had pulled up on the table and then decided he wanted to take off walking across the living room. That would be why all my pictures of him lately are blurry. The kid does not stay still.

Have a fabulous weekend friends!

12 comments:

  1. He's such a doll and I'm lovin' the short do on you! Happy Weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. i love short hair! i think yours looks great.
    those dessert bars look good too! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your short hair! I love the blurry pics stage, it will always remind you of when he started walking. Hope you have a great weekend and a fabulous Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And happy Mother's Day to you too! Your little boy is adorable:)

      Delete
  4. Wanting long hair is so much more frustrating than wanting short hair! :P Because there's no quick solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wish there was! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Your front yard is looking awesome! And I can totally relate to missing the long hair- I donated 14 inches last year, and it seems like it's taking an eternity to grow back! Hopefully being pregnant will speed things up a bit- it hasn't so far! Haha!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great of you to donate that much. I'm sure it felt so weird having all that hair gone, but what a great cause!

      Delete
  6. That is why I don't cut my hair I know right after I cut it I'm going to want it back lol, although I absolutely love love love short hair. Your front yard looks awesome:)
    Mariel Collins
    Living For His Glory
    livingforhisglory2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Whenever I have short hair I want it long and vice versa. Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete