Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekend Recap + Labor Day

Well aren't you lucky? Due to my blogging laziness last week and (the week before), this week's Weekending consists of not one, not two, but three weekend recaps all rolled into one, including Labor Day, our unofficial last weekend of Summer.

So what have we been up to? Well...

I attended a wedding shower for one of my besties who is getting married on September 27th. I can't wait to stand up there with her on the big day.

Say "cheese" to Jack and expect to get this goofy grin.

Our Labor day weekend started with a Dilly Bar from the good ole DQ. You know what's really fun? Trying to drive and referee a fight between a 5 year old and 1 year old who is screaming at the top of his lungs because he WANTS A DILLY BAR TOO. Sorry, kid. I have no desire to clean that up.

Obviously the Dilly Bar injustice carried over into Target.

Thankfully by the next morning they were back to cuddling on the couch.

We made sure to squeeze in one last pool visit before it closed for the season.

Nothing like a little friendly eye gauging and face clawing with your cousin to end the Summer.

By the time we left the pool, Jack was all swammed? swummed? out.

We rounded out the weekend with baths, popsicles, and dinner at my parent's house.

This weekend was a good mix of laziness and productivity. Jack and I had tickle fights and did loads of laundry while J and Ben went to see Ghostbusters. It's the 30th anniversary of the movie, so it's been re-released to theaters. 

Ben's cousin turned 6 and we celebrated with an awesome Ninja Turtle party complete with a piƱata.

While all the big kids stuffed as much candy as they could into their bags, Jack was content with collecting his 3 little Dum-Dums.

One last swim of the season.

Although the pool is heated, the temperatures were in the 70's and unlike Ben, who was the last one out, Jack preferred playing with a pool noodle more than being in the actual pool.

There's no better way to end a weekend than a 5 year old demanding you take a selfie. 
And because I don't want to leave you with that lovely image, I hope you have a wonderful week!


Linking up Biana

4 comments:

  1. They are so adorable! I saw that quote the other day & I am so in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love that quote...a great reminder to be thankful just for waking up:)

      Delete
  2. How cute are they??? They defnitely look like a handful. But a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so:) I always thought I wanted girls, but now I can't imagine not having boys. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

      Delete