Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday and first day of fall. Fall really is the gateway to the best time of year.

Our weekend started great, got a little rocky, but we managed to end on a pretty good note.

Friday night Ben had a T-ball game and then his cousin spent the night with us. The kids woke up early on Saturday morning ready to do all the activities I had foolishly told them about ahead of time. Now? Can we do it now? Now? Next time I'm telling them 30 seconds ahead of time.

We made edible play-doh using peanut butter, honey, and powdered sugar. A quick Pinterest search will give you several different recipes, but this one was easy and the dough turned out pretty good. Jack played with it for about 20 seconds and then immediately shoved it in his mouth.

We also played outside, baked cupcakes, and I headed to urgent care to get my leg looked at. I had a spot on my leg that kept getting worse throughout the week and by Saturday I couldn't take the pain anymore. Turns out I had been bitten by a Brown Recluse spider. The Dr. had to drain the sore and other disgusting things so I'll spare you. Even after having two kids, this was the worst pain ever.

Unfortunately we had to take our niece back home as I was pretty useless the rest of the day.

J has been so great and picked up every single bandaid I could need. If you went to the store looking for some and they were out, this is why.

Thankfully after a Vicodin, antibiotics, and a looonnnggg sleep, I was feeling much better by Sunday.  Sunday was filled with Mexican, a follow up trip back to the Dr. and the kids trying to make Summer last as long as possible by playing with the water table for a good chunk of the day.

And I ended the weekend by burning this candle. I'm usually a Yankee or Bath & Body Works candle person, but this cheapo candle from Walmart smells delicious!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I'm linking up with Biana.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! Glad you are ok! That is scary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely hope I NEVER have to go through that again!

      Delete
  2. WOW, glad you're okay. Do you remember getting bitten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't remember getting bitten. I had a little spot, but just thought it would go away...this is why I HATE spiders:)

      Delete
  3. Wow. That's some creepy little spider. I suppose you didn't even feel it bite you. It must have been disconcerting for you to see all of that being drained away, but once you got rid of it, everything should be better. Too bad it kind of ruined your weekend, but it seems the kids had a great time anyway. Let's just hope those bugs don't get the chance to bite you again! Take care!

    Aubrey Holloway @ Primary Care Associates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't remember being bitten and thankfully I didn't have to see them cut into it. I hate spiders even more now:)

      Delete