Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday, Friday

I missed the 1st Five on Friday since it's return, but I'm back and ready to share.

//one//
I finally got my fall decorations out. I don't why I was dreading getting a mum, but I was. Is that weird? I got this HUGE one at Walmart of all places for $5! It was originally $9.98, but as I was leaving the garden center, the manager said to make sure it rings up half off since it's already bloomed. Say what? Who wants a un-bloomed mum on their porch. Either way, I'm not complaining.

//two//
I also got those 2 giant pumpkins at Walmart as well. As much as I love pumpkin patches, it's just not realistic for us to get huge pumpkins at the patch and try to watch the kids, lug the stroller, haul the pumpkins to the car, etc. We always get the big ones from the store and then let the kids pick the littler ones from the patch. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.
Ben's first pumpkin patch, 2009

//three//
I used some Target gift cards I got for my birthday to buy this new purse. Target nailed it with this beauty. I love both the style and color and it's a great neutral without being the typical brown or black. It's also got a removable strap so it can be used as a cross-body as well. My picture makes it look more blue, but the Target picture below represents the true color.

//four//
My friend Alissa brought me back these beautiful glass made earrings from Hawaii. Are these not the best souvenir/birthday present?!

//five//
And speaking of birthdays, although mine was on the 1st, I never posted about it. Let's see, nothing too exciting except a tornado warning! That's right. A tornado warning, torrential rain, and flooding. Happy birthday. Thankfully, a tornado didn't end up touching down where we lived and everyone was safe. We ordered in sushi, I opened presents, blew out some candles, and snuggled with my boys.
I got some awesome presents from friends and family including a vest, a couple bottles of wine, and some cold hard cash not pictured above. I think J and I may try to sneak away Saturday night and do a little more celebrating with dinner and Gone Girl.

What are your plans this weekend?

Linking up with ChristinaKarli, & Amanda

12 comments:

  1. Hey from the OHF Link-up! I'm loving those earrings! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Target has been killing it lately with their accessories and that purse looks so high end love it! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How does Target do it? Seriously. Thank you so much, I love that purse. Hope you had a fantastic weekend. Can't wait to read all about it:)

      Delete
  3. OMG! That Hocus Pocus onesie! SO CUTE!!!! And I love that bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved that onesie, but can't find it where I stored it, which means little brother doesn't get to wear it:(

      Delete
  4. I love the pumpkin patch picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe he's 5 already!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous earrings!

    And your fall decor?! Simple and perfect. Mums and pumpkins.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm all about simple décor...less to put away:) Except when it comes to Christmas:) Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Your fall decor looks great!! I've also been avoiding getting mums which is ridiculous because I really want some :) I need to get that taken care of this weekend. Love your new purse. It looks like the perfect size, color and structure. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is buying mums so dang hard?! :) Get some before they're gone! Thanks for stopping by and following!

      Delete