Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Recap

This weekend just screamed of Fall. Friday night Ben and I helped set up for his fall festival at his school which took place on Saturday. 

The weather on Saturday ended up being beautiful and there was a great turn out. I wore my new earrings from my bff Alissa all the way from Hawaii.

Ben "Jousted" a fellow school mate.

And Jack didn't know quite what to think about the firetruck.

Ben on the other hand was getting ready for his call from the station to roll out.

After lots of fun we came home and took naps. Even Ben and I. We curled up on the couch to watch a movie together and I woke up to this. I can't remember the last time this happened. 

Saturday night Ben (and Jack) helped me make dinner. Jack insisted he needed up on the stool with his brother. We may need to get another stool. Big brother was not amused.

Thankfully Jack got over his need to help quickly and went back to doing what he does best-helping himself to a pre-dinner snack. #foodmonster

I We made baked spaghetti from The Girl Who Eats Everything. I had high hopes for this recipe and it ended up being just ok. I think it has everything to do with what I did (or didn't do) and nothing to do with the actual recipe. I halved the recipe and somehow didn't add enough seasoning or sauce. I think I'll give it another chance with those few tweaks. 

Sunday morning I baked these cinnamon raisin scones. They were pretty darn tasty and you most likely already have all of the ingredients you need to make them in your pantry.

After baking and a nap for Jack, we all headed out to the Pumpkin Patch. I'll do a full post on this later this week, but here's a sneak preview.

We finished the weekend with Mexican, laundry, and I watched the latest episode of Homeland. Am I the only one that thinks Brody isn't really dead? By a quick Google search it looks like I'm not alone.

How was y'alls weekend?



As usual, linking up with Biana for Weekending.

4 comments:

  1. The boys' fall clothes are adorable!!! And I'm with you--Brodie can't be dead...that body was a decoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't help but to have matching outfits sometimes:) Have you watched the new season of Homeland? Carrie is stooping to an all time low...

      Delete