Thursday, February 12, 2015

2015 Goals & Resolutions {An Update}

With a solid month in 2015 complete, I'd thought I'd give an update on how I'm doing meeting my goals. You can read the original post here. Remember goals that have an * I want to complete before my 30th bday on October 1st.

  • Attend a concert/show*
  • Support and help our parents as much as they do for us
  • Reply to texts/call people back sooner
  • Read 12 books (1/12)
    • Dark Places-complete! 
    • I'm currently reading Sharp Objects, The Total Money Makeover, & Inferno
  • Go on an overnight trip with J
  • Make homemade sushi*
  • Take a mother/son trip with Ben. Just the 2 of us on an adventure*
  • Grow the blog/attend a blogging conference
    • I'm really trying to blog 5 days a week and scheduling posts ahead of time has been SUPER helpful.
  • Read to Ben 5 nights a week before bed
    • In progress. We got pretty relaxed on this and he's become a little too attached to the IPad before bed, so reading and a firm bed time it's been lately.
  • Continue paying down our debt 
    • Definitely making progress. I can't wait to have those student loans paid off!
  • Make homemade noodles*
  • Do 12 acts of kindness for strangers
    • Paid for the car behind me at Panera
  • Have family game night once a week
  • Go an entire month without repeating a single outfit*
  • Do something thoughtful and completely unexpected for J*
    • Haven't done this yet, but I have an idea for something...
  • Workout 4x/week
    • I did pretty good at this in January, but I think I may change it to workout a __ number of days per month? I did do an hour and a half Hot Yoga class and although it was hard and HOT, I survived. My face was still this read when I got home.
  • Pray more, ask for less
  • Get all the paperwork for taxes together before April*
    • We've still got time right?
  • Make 30 look like 20*
  • Move into our new home*
    • Our current home is officially on the market and we're looking to move into our new house at end of April, early May. I'm so ready to move.
  • Work on being more patient and encouraging
  • Cut out soda completely
    • This one is already a fail, but I've definitely cut way down, but there's room for improvement!
  • Leave little notes of encouragement for J throughout the house*
  • Buy less quantity and more quality
  • Complete the Bible in a Year study
    • Anyone have any recommendations on the best study for this?
  • Give back and teach the importance of giving to our children
  • Set up give, save, spend jars with Ben*
    • I started this with Ben and he's already been delegating his money to each jar
  • Go to Octoberfest
  • Play more with the kids and multitask less
  • Cut our grocery bill by $50 a month
  • Back up photos on hard drive and discs*
    • I started this one, but it's still a work in progress as it takes forever to go through photos, delete some, and then burn them onto a disk. I'd say I'm 1/4 of the way finished.
  • Finish our family documents binder*
    • I'll probably really work on this one once we're in the new house and can sort through all the papers and see what we need
  • Try 3 new restaurants* (2/3)
  • Smoothie King

    Harold's Donuts
  • Take a weekend trip with my mom and sister
  • Sell, purge, or donate anything we don't need or use
    • I took a whole trunk full to be donated and have been selling all the rest. I refuse to move crap into the new house.

Overall I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start. What about you? Did you make resolutions and if so, how are they going?


Linking up with Annie for Thoughts on Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. You're doing an awesome job lady and it's ONLY February!! Get it girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! I'm trying to stay on top of things this year:)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Let's hope I don't lose momentum come March:)

      Delete