Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Fried Onion & Feta Salad

A local steak house here in town not only has amazing steak, obvi, but their salad is really what I look forward to when we go. Although my version isn't quite the same, it's pretty darn close and the best part is it takes less than 5 minutes to put together.

What You'll Need:
-cold, iceberg lettuce-chopped
-finely chopped red and green pepper
-finely chopped cucumber, skin removed
-crumbled feta
-french fried onions (like the kind you put on green bean casserole)
-chopped walnuts
-ranch dressing

There's no exact amount to any of it, but I usually fill a bowl with the lettuce then add 1/4 cup of the red and green peppers combined, 1/4 cup cucumbers, 1/4 cup fried onions, a handful of feta, & a handful of walnuts. You can add more or less of something depending on how much you really like it. I usually add a bit more peppers and feta because I love chhheeessseee. Top with ranch and eat immediately!



Linking up with SusanAlesha, & Kate.

12 comments:

  1. You sold me at Feta!! Definitely going to be trying this! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I said I add extra Feta I may have been under exaggerating just how much I add. I love it:)

      Delete
  2. YUM!!!!! This sounds super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could definitely eat it as a meal itself!

      Delete
  3. I'll try anything with feta; this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks-I'm with you, anything with Feta can't be bad:)

      Delete
  4. YUM! So many of my favorite things all together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even better when you mix them all together:)

      Delete
  5. Yes please to feta and the crunchy onions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite part of the salad:)

      Delete
  6. Feta and the crunchy onion, yes please! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with those two things:)

      Delete