Monday, March 30, 2015

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a little longer than normal since it's our Spring Break and I took some time off towards the end of the week to spend one on one time with Ben.

We saw Cinderella and of course I loved it. I may have a boy, but he's up for seeing most movies, no matter how girly. And I really loved the overall message. Semi-spoiler alert: when Cinderalla says, "I forgive you," to her stepmother I about lost it.

We also tried out what I thought was a cool Pinterest egg dying project using shaving cream and food coloring, but it turned out to be a big fat fail. At least they looked cool before we washed them.
Has anyone made these and have a great tutorial you used? We even let them sit in the dye overnight.

Our Pinterest disaster was followed by donuts the next morning at the new Strange Donuts downtown. A simple photo op turned into Jack yelling for his brother to back the eff away from his food.

I had 1/2 of a gooey butter cake donut which was pretty darn good, and we took home the maple bacon, samoa, and general custard for daddy. Other choices included Stoner's Secret, Mexican hot cocoa, and red velvet.

The rest of our weekend included a birthday party for one of Ben's friends at a bounce house place followed by another Pinterest project which actually turned out pretty cute. I'll be posting the easy diy Easter project this week.
btw how cute is this Target bag from the dollar spot?

My little helper was shoveling them down as fast as I was pouring them out.

No Spring Break is complete without candy and booze so I picked up a little of both. Do yourself a favor and double up on the jelly beans, but skip the Lemon-ade-rita. It was so nasty and this is coming from a gal who used to drink Congress vodka in college.

J's cousin was in town from Florida so we wrapped up the weekend with Mexican and cheese dip. Note Jack's poor cousin who was now the recipient of the too close to my food tell off. #hedontplay


How was your weekend? Do you take a Spring Break?


Linking up with Biana for Weekending.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to see Cinderella this weekend, but didn't find the time - soo glad to hear you loved it!! And girl, who makes this Pinterest stuff up?! I feel like half the stuff I try doesn't work, ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to see Cinderella! It'll make you want to be a princess for sure:) Pinterest needs a thumbs up, thumbs down button where people can rate the pin and if the recipe is good, the diy is possible, etc...

      Delete