Monday, June 8, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday! Although things are still crazy around here, I plan to get back into blogging regularly this week beginning with a little recap of our weekend.

Our weekend officially began with Munchkins on Saturday morning.

After running lots of errands and working on more things around the house, the boys and I went to a 5th grade graduation party for my boss' daughter. Ben loved playing with the water balloons while Jack and my co-worker's son hung out with the sidewalk chalk. 

 
 
When we got home that night J and Ben hit some balls with Ben's new pitching machine. They used every last bit of sunlight and only came in when I finally turned off the outside lights.
 
Sunday was another trip to The Home Depot. The kids have been such troopers with the move and trying to get everything done around the house, but Jack's face says it all. #overit Next weekend I promised them (and myself) that we would do something fun that doesn't involve a home improvement store.
 
We took a break from playing outside and mulching to get shaved ice from a new to us place in town. Blue for the boys, grape for daddy, and cherry for the momma. Always cherry.

J trimmed a bunch of bushes and we ripped up a few plants that looked more like weeds than an actual bush. It's amazing the difference a little bit lot of mulch makes.
 
While I was putting out the last bag of mulch, one of our neighbors came over and introduced themselves and brought us this bottle of wine. Before giving it to us they asked if we drank wine to which I let out a laugh. I have a question for y'all. Do I need to write them a thank you note for this? Let me know, I don't want to be the rude neighbor who drinks all the wine, but doesn't say thank you.
 
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Here's to making this week more awesome than the last!
 
 
 
 
Linking up with Biana for Weekending.

2 comments:

  1. that shaved ice looks delicious!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to try all the flavors this summer:)

      Delete